Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Who Said That?

I walked over to the Group W bench, where they put you if you may not be moral enough to join the Army after committing your special crime. And I said, " I didn't get nothing, I had to pay fifty dollars and pick up the garbage." The sergeant came over, he had some papers in his hand, and said, "Kid, this piece of paper's got 47 words, 37 sentences. We wanna know the details of the crime, all about the crime and anything else you gotta say...." He went on for 45 minutes and no one understood a word he said.

I filled out the paper about the Massacre, with four part harmony, and everything was fine. I put down my pencil and turned over the piece of paper, and there...there on the other side...in the middle of the other side, away from everything else on the other side, in parentheses, in capital letters, quotated, read the following words: "Kid, have you rehabilitated yourself?"

I went over to the sergeant, and said, I said, "Sergeant, you got a lot damn gall, to ask me if I've rehabilitated myself, I mean, I mean, I mean I'm just sitting here on the group W bench, because you wanna know if I'm moral enough to join the Army, burn women, kids, houses and villages after being a litterbug?

2 comments:

Laura said...

Arlo Guthrie, from Alice's Restaurant.

(I'm one of Dawn's Loopies)

Bad-Bob said...

Thnak you Laura....you can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant.