Friday, August 8, 2008

Enlistment oath

Sometimes, after the years have erased some of our memory (or the alcohol has killed off "those" brain cells) we forgot what we said when we raised our right hand. Maybe America should take or at least read our oath too!

I (state your name), do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;
that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

So help me God!

Definition of a Veteran

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to the "United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer can conceptualize it.

No comments: